Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

sick loach

Posted By: patra <patravogt@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 7 September 2005, at 6:26 p.m.

I have had a pair of clown loaches for about 6or7 years. Unfortunatly a few weeks back I woke up to find that one of them had jumped out of the tank and died in the nite (very sad). The other loach seemed dismayed by the absence of his friend. However, a few days later seed to be doing o.k., until...On monday of this week I noticed that he did'nt seem to be as active as usual. His color seems to have darkened all over and he also seems to be loosing weight. Now hes just sitting or lying on the bottom of the tank breathing rapidly. If any one out there could give me some advice it would be much appreciated. it's very sad to see him lingering in this way, and I also don't know how long he will last-

Messages In This Thread