Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Monster Clowns

Posted By: Emma Turner <emmasteve@clownloach.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Saturday, 17 September 2005, at 2:42 p.m.

Steve & I acquired 2 new Clowns during the week to add to our collection. These were at another store and had been bought back by someone who's tank they had outgrown. We had heard they were big, but big is an understatement! The largest one of the two measures about 11.5" from head to the tip of the tail, and is easily over 4.5" tall. The actual width is impressive too. It is just enormous! I have got a couple of overhead pics of these 2 in the box before we introduced them into our tank, along with a standard 30cm (12") ruler for comparison:

They appear to have settled in well, although are a little bit shy at the moment. It has been interesting to watch the behaviour of the (now considerably smaller) existing Alpha, and who is very fiesty - so far, she has still been keeping all the others in check as usual, but hasn't dared to be nasty to the XL Loach as yet!
I'll try for some normal side-on photos in due course.
Emma

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.