Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

time is short for my weather loach

Posted By: Jake Cargill <jake_c_89@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 25 September 2005, at 6:09 p.m.

I am 16 and had a 10 gallon tank for about 2 years and just recently upgraded to a 20 gallon tank about a month ago. Durring the time I had a tank I had 2 weather loaches that had never jumped out of the tank until a week ago. I found one was missing when I went to feed my fish and noticed a big ball of lint and stuff on the ground. Sure enough, it was one of my loaches. Asuming it was dead, I went to flush it when it sprung to life in my hands, so i tried to was the debris off and set the stunned creature in an old fish bowl where he is still recovering. The real problem is that the loaches breathing is extremely heavey and the back-half of its body is blood deprived as well as having a bloody dorsal fin. What should I do? Put it out of its misery