Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

No change in my dojo

Posted By: Emily <emilyotay@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 30 September 2005, at 9:51 p.m.

Hello. Unfortunately, there has been very little change in my dojo's situation. I've moved her to a hospital tank, where I am treating her with Maracyn2 and slowly adding salt to a level of one tsp per 10gallons. She was never trying to escape the tank, I did not mean to suggest that, but rather, she is moving without precise coordination, as though she is off balance. In fact, after swimming clumsily around, she lands on her side, which is not normal. After she recovers from laying on her side, she writhes around, sometimes pressing her face into the corner of the tank. She seems really frustrated that she keeps tipping over. This morning, she ate part of a sinking pellet, but as soon as she got it in her mouth and started chomping on it, she accidentally started rolling over on her back, and had to