Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

blushing clown loaches

Posted By: janmitch22 <janmitch22@aol.com>
Date: Saturday, 1 October 2005, at 12:41 p.m.

I've been looking to add to my tank since I got a larger one. The stores around here have only had large clown loaches (4 or 5 inches), but to my surprise Wal-Mart had a few smaller ones. Their fish look sick, though. What is it that makes their loaches have red spots behind their eyes? Is it poor water quality(which is completely believable)or an illness (which is also completely believable)... something that can be remedied? The clowns were active and a few even came up to the glass when they saw me peering in.

So here is a picture of what I saw, I borrowed the already-wonderful drawing of a clown from the site, I think it said that Martin drew it?...hope that was okay. The red was behind the eye, but I wasn't sure if it was around the gills or not