Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Dojo loach aggression?

Posted By: Eric Ryan <crowshaven@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Monday, 10 October 2005, at 1:59 p.m.

I have a paradise fish in with my two dojo loaches. The paradise has been in there about 3 weeks and has been very healthy.

Last night, I noticed a torn dorsal fin with a red wound/infection looking spot and another one just above the the fin on the bottom of the fish. My first thought was fish TB, but he seems healthy, is eating, active, etc. I have noticed he's not afraid to get between the dojos and their sinking foods.

Today, not more than 12 hours after noticing the two redish spots, I see there is a place on his side that looks more like a wound that wasn't there last night (almost looks like someone took a bite or removed some scales).

So, I'm adding melafix, and using a medicated flake in case this is a bacterial infection, but I'm wondering could the dojos cause su