Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Can I move my clown loaches to a pond?

Posted By: JB <jbbrown9@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 10 October 2005, at 3:32 p.m.

I have a half dozen clown loaches in a 29 gallon aquarium. The aquarium is very old and we only have room for it in a part of the house where we hardly spend any time. I'm considering installing an outdoor pond and I'm wondering if I might be able to move the clown loaches out there and retire the old aquarium. The dannios and angel fish living there now would probably go to new homes, but I'd like to keep the clowns.

I'm thinking the pond would be about 150 gallons and they'd share space with a few goldfish. In the coldest part of the year here, it gets to the 50s during the day and about 40 at night, so it could get pretty cold. They've been ok without a heater for a couple years, but they've been inside the house, of course.

My only real con